SienaSiena, the splendid medieval town declared UNESCO world heritage, and home of the famous Palio – a bare back horse race held twice a year in the fascinating “Campo” square . Set on three hills the town was originally divided into areas called “terzi” (thirds).The many churches throughout the city show a distinct Romanesque-Gothic architecture Read more
Check out the highlights of one of the loveliest medieval town in Italy, Siena.
Together with our official guide we’ll discover this big open-air museum, whose skyline is dominated by the majestic black and white cathedral and the “Mangia”Tower, the tallest in Italy. Among the several highlights we won’t miss to admire the San Domenico Church, the shell-shaped Piazza del Campo where the famous Palio takes place twice a year, and the impressive Dome. We’ll enjoy the lively atmosphere of the ancient “Contrade” (city districts) and the fine architecture of the romanesque or gothic palaces while learning about the strong pride of the Senesi for their Contrada.
A pleasant relaxing ride through the enchanted Chianti countryside will lead us to a wine estate where we will delight our palates with a typical Tuscan lunch based on local delicacies and wine tasting of 6 different wines from the best selection of the wine estate.
The lunch begins with mixed appetizers from the area (crostini with organic sauces, salami and prosciutto, bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil), home-made pasta, main course with combination of different pecorino (sheep) cheeses with a fresh salad. Home-made desserts, coffee and grappa.
- The architectural marvels hidden in the vibrant streest of Siena
- The splendid landscapes of Chianti
- Local delicacies and delectable wines at a authentic Chianti wine producing estate
09.00 pick up at your hotel from your private driver
- 10.00 arrival in Siena and meeting with your licensed Siena City guide
- 10.15- 12.00 walking tour of Siena ( timing is approx.)
- 12.15 departure from Siena
- 13.00 visit of the wine cellars, followed by lunch at the Chianti wine estate
- The trip continues in the afternoon across the marvelous Chianti region and little villages.
- Pause for a tasty ice cream at one of the lovely Chianti villages, before heading back to your hotel, where arrival is foreseen at approx. 5.p.m
Please note: program might be subject to slight timings variations, and which will be coordinated together with your driver
- Private trasportation with english speaking driver
- Guided visit of Siena ( approc. 1,45 h)
- Lunch and visit to a wine producing estate close to Castellina in Chianti includin wine tasting
- All what not expressily mentioned in "what's included"
- from the time of booking to 49 hours prior to departure no cancellation fees will aply.
- from 48 hours to the day of departure, or no show full payment will be rquested.